Please keep for your records.
The Math Academy, in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP), to collect, use and disclose the personal information necessary to provide an educational program and ensure a safe and secure online learning environment for students.
Personal information means recorded information about an identifiable individual that may include but is not limited to: student name, age, grade, address, phone number, etc. As part of the academy’s digital citizenship plan, students will be taught to limit, and consider the privacy implications, of sharing their personal information online.
The following are some examples of how personal information may be used by the Math Academy. This list is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Student records, report cards, attendance, assignments, homework, quizzes
- Photographs or videos ( e.g. individual, class, team) that feature students and are used within the class
- Newsletters, school websites
- Yearbooks, identification cards, library cards
- Classroom or program assignments and activities
- Assignment of academy’s email/Gmail account and the use of educational tools such as Google Apps* for Education, which may require student information to log-in, Google classroom
- Parent/guardian contact information for absenteeism, emergencies, etc.
- Other services such as use of third party meeting/conference tools usage
- School-sponsored activities such as fine arts productions, presentations, fairs, celebrations, clubs, sports activities, field trips
- To determine eligibility or suitability for an award, scholarship, athletic program, etc.
- Law enforcement and or matters relating to safety and security
Parent/guardian consent is required for student information to be used for purposes beyond educational programming and student safety. See the following forms on the academy website (www.mathacademy.ca)for more information:
- Consent for Math Academy’s Use of Student Information
- Consent for Use of Student Information by News Media and Outside Groups
Parents and independent students are under no obligation to provide consent by signing these forms. Consent may be withdrawn at any time by notifying the school principal in writing.
If you have any questions about the collection or the intended uses of this information, please contact the Academy administration.